Our below ground concrete slope front tornado shelters are engineered, tested and meet the highest quality standards at a competitive price. We use all of the excess dirt around the shelter as a berm to provide extra protection. This unit comes in 3 sizes, the small 5′ x 7′ x 6’2, medium 6′ x 8′ x 6’2 and the large 6’8 x 10 x 6’2. A boom truck is needed for all 3 units, so there will need to be a minimum of 9′ wide and 13′ height of clearance. However, for the 5′ x 7′ unit we can use a full size backhoe to complete the installation.
- Meets/Exceeds FEMA 320, 361 and ICC 500 protocols
- Certified Test Results (Texas Tech Wind, Science, Engineering, & Debris Impact Test)
- Handrail with 5 non-slip steps for easy access
- 8″ wind turbine and 6″ vent for ventilation
- Reinforced with steel rebar, fiber mesh and poured with a minimum of 6000 lb psi concrete
- Can be decoratively stamped and/or stained at an additional charge